Dolphin Explorer E70 Robot Review
Here at Pool Partz, after selling thousands of Dolphin robotic pool cleaners by Maytronics over the past decade and assisting our customers with their pool cleaner selection, we understand their thoughts as they go through their Dolphin pool cleaner selection. Our review of the Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus pool robot provides all the information that you need to determine if this pool cleaner fits your needs. Due to the myriad of Dolphin pool cleaners that are available, there is a model for everyone that meets their swimming pool needs and budget.
For almost 40 years, Maytronics has been a global leader in the swimming pool industry by developing technologies and solutions for swimming pool maintenance. The Dolphin robotic pool cleaner line is one of those solutions, providing efficient and easy pool maintenance. One of the primary benefits of the Dolphin pool cleaners is that the units are not tied to the swimming pool filtering system but rather have their own filters along with efficient motor technology which provides for low cost maintenanace of your swimming pool from debris.
When reviewing the Dolphin Explorer E70 robotic pool cleaner, or any Dolphin pool robot, we have found the best way to educate our customers is by looking at the pool cleaner using the following sections:
- Dolphin standard features
- Dolphin Explorer E70 product description
- Dolphin Explorer E70 general features
- Dolphin Explorer E70 cleaning features
- Dolphin Explorer E70 other features
- Dolphin Explorer E70 optional accessories
Dolphin standard features
There are some standard capabilities that come with all Dolphin robotic pool cleaners regardless of the size of the pool that you have. For instance, all Dolphin pool cleaners come with a power supply, a cable that connects to the robot, and the robot itself. Because the robot has its own filtering system and uses efficient motors, the cost to run these units is minimal.
Plug and Play
Dolphin pool cleaners are extremely easy to use – simply drop the pool cleaner into the pool, plug the power supply into an electrical outlet, press the power button and the unit will begin the cleaning cycle.
Every Dolphin pool cleaner has electronics in it that provides sophisticated algorithms for mapping and cleaning the swimming pool. It is recommended that you drop the pool cleaner close to the center of the pool as it begins the cleaning process for optimal cleaning coverage.
Since every Dolphin pool cleaner has its own filtering capabilities, it is independent of any of the swimming pool equipment. The Dolphin collects the debris, you hose off the debris from the filters, and you are ready for the next cleaning!
Dolphin robotic pool cleaners require very little power to clean your pool spotless every time it is used.
Whether dealing with Maytronics or Pool Partz customer service, both have a great reputation in the industry in providing exceptional customer service both pre-sales and post-sales. For over a decade, Pool Partz has been the exclusive resellers of Dolphin pool robots and have great knowledge of every Dolphin pool cleaner.
Whenever we conduct a product review for a Dolphin pool cleaner, we always like referring to the manufacturer’s product description which provides some insight to the capabilities that the product provides:
Dolphin Explorer E70 Robotic Pool [Vacuum] Cleaner with Wi-Fi – Schedule Pool Cleanings Anytime, Anywhere – Monitor Water Temp with Sensor – Ideal for In-Ground Swimming Pools up to 50 Feet – Easy to Clean Top Load Filters
- The Dolphin Explorer E70 with Wi-Fi takes pool cleaning to another level. Ideal for pools up to 50 feet in length, this pool vacuum does all the work, so you have more free time to spend with family and friends. The included caddy makes transporting and storing your robotic pool cleaner a breeze with convenient cable organization and power supply holder.
- This pool cleaner gives you easy control of your pool with Wi-Fi connectivity. With the touch of a button from the MyDolphin Plus mobile app, you can schedule a cleaning right from your phone. By creating a weekly cleaning schedule, your pool’s water remains optimal with three cleaning modes to choose from. Manually drive your robot for a quick spot clean with the app. The Pick Me Up feature conveniently brings the robot to the waterline for easy removal from the pool.
- The Dolphin Explorer E70 takes scrubbing seriously. From top to bottom, the floor, walls, and waterline will remain pristine with the enhanced scrubbing brushes and superior filtering of this pool vacuum. Important Reminder: The power supply for your Dolphin is water resistant, not waterproof, so keeping your power supply protected from the elements is critical.
- If an eco-friendly pool cleaning is important to you, look no further. As an independent cleaning machine, this pool vacuum does not overuse energy or require manual work in comparison to other methods of pool cleaning. It has an average operating cost of five cents per kWh, so your pool gets cleaner without a big increase to your energy bill.
- With more than 35 years of cleaning the world’s residential swimming pools, Dolphins provide pool owners with a hassle-free cleaning solution of unmatched performance and longevity. Using a Dolphin robot means you can get back to what really matters, like spending time with family and friends.
The major feature differences that the Dolphin Explorer E70 has that the Dolphin Explorer E50 doesn't have are:
- Real-time temperature readings directly to your smartphone
- Dual-drive motors rather than a single drive motor
- Increased levels of full filter indicators depending on debris
Shipped product has everything you need to clean your pool spotless:
- Dolphin robot
- Power supply
- Brand new filters
When selecting a Dolphin robotic pool cleaner, there are two primary things that will narrow down the Dolphin model that will meet your needs. The first is the size of your pool and the second is you need to decide what areas of the pool you want the robot to clean. There are 3 areas in a swimming pool: the floor, the walls, and the waterline. When we refer to the “waterline”, we are referring to the area around the pool where the tile meets the coping and it is synonymous with “waterline scrubbing”. If a unit cleans the walls but does not scrub the waterline, the unit will move up to the waterline and then move down the walls.
When measuring the size of your swimming pool, simply use the longest dimension of the pool. For the majority of residential swimming pools, whether above-ground or in-ground, the size of the swimming pool is less than 50 feet which is why many of the Dolphin robotic pool cleaners are designed for pools up to 50 feet.
What pool area would you like the unit to clean? All Dolphin pool robots clean the floor and cove (the area between the floor and walls if that area is sloped) but the higher-end models can also clean the walls and waterline.
The Dolphin Explorer E70 pool robot is designed for pools up to 50 feet. The areas of the pool that the unit will clean are floor/walls/waterline.
When reviewing the various Dolphin pool cleaners that fit the size of your swimming pool, the unique cleaning features are the key differentiators between the various models.
Cleaning/cycle time – the amount of time that it takes a Dolphin pool cleaner to perform a regular cleaning cycle is referred to as the cycle time. Depending on the Dolphin model, some models have different cycle times that provide for a quick cleaning of the floor or a more lengthy cycle known as a deep scrub. Each model has an optimized cleaning cycle.
Depending on the Dolphin robotic pool cleaner model, they are capable of cleaning the floor (including the cove), the walls, and scrubbing the waterline. The Dolphin Explorer E70 pool cleaner will clean the floor,walls and waterline.
Cycle time is the amount of time that the Dolphin pool robot will take to complete a cleaning cycle. The cycle time for the standard cleaning cycle is 2 hours. Since this model has different cycle times that you can select from, you can determine which one to use by which areas you would you like to clean and for how long. During the spring startup of the swimming pool or after periods of having larger amounts of debris in the pool, it may be necessary to run multiple cycles with the Dolphin robot.
Dolphin pool cleaners use brushes to both scrub and collect debris. The Dolphin Explorer E70 provides dual brushes for even more efficient scrubbing as the unit is cleaning the swimming pool.
The Dolphin Explorer E70 pool cleaner comes with a cable that has a length of 60 feet.
The weight of the Dolphin Explorer E70 pool robot unit is 24 pounds.
The purpose of the caddy is to hold the Dolphin pool cleaner and power supply in place while the unit is not in the swimming pool during its cleaning cycle.
The caddy cover is used to protect the robot and power supply from the elements. If a caddy is purchased, the cover is highly recommended since it will protect the power supply when it rains. As a reminder, the power supply is splash-proof but not water-proof so it should not be exposed to rain.
Interested in purchasing this Dolphin? For over a decade, Pool Partz has been the exclusive reseller of Maytronics certified refurbished Dolphin pool robots that come directly from the manufacturer in Georgia. These units sell out quickly because of their popularity in the cost savings that they provide and have the same quality standards as a new Dolphin pool robot.
To summarize, here is a list of features of the Dolphin Explorer E70 robotic pool cleaner by Maytronics.
|Up to 50 feet
|Full filter indicator
|Fast clean mode
|Quick water release